Aug 23, 2014

#69 August Random Nail Art Challenge: Fire!

Call the fire brigade! My nails are one fire!
slowly but surely, I'm catching up on both of the challenges and I know I know I am still pretty far behind, but I am getting there and I will finish them both!

Today I want to share the nail art I did for the Random nail art challenge. The theme was fire. First I wanted to make a chevron glitter placement with red, orange and yellow glitters because when I think of fire, I think of those three colours immediately. 

I grabbed everything I needed and started to paint my nails, I had a black polish for the base colour and I placed the glitters on top of that, unfortunately the glitters weren't as opaque as I thought and the colours of the glitters just weren't showing up on my nails. So a little bit annoyed, I removed the glitters and the black nailpolish. Now what... I had something in mind but that didn't work, and now I had no clue on what to do on my nails.. 

So I did what I often do when I don't have any inspiration, I google! And luckely I found something I thought I could try! Yes! 



 

For this look I used 'Madison Avenue', 'Spring Street' and 'Lexington Yellow' from NYC and the black is 'Black is Black' from Maybelline.

I used the dry marble technique for this look, I had to work extremely fast: First I had to apply a thick amount of black polish on one side of my nail, and before that had any chance to dry I had to stripe three different colours on the other side of the nail. After that I used a orangewood stick to drag the red, orange and yellow over to the black and the same with the black to create the flames look.


I hope you like this dry marble design! Next up: Pineapples!

Have fun painting and creating

xoxo

Dutchnailss

Follow on Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment