Aug 9, 2014

August Nail Art Challenge : Ikat!

Took a while, had some problems, but here are my Ikat nails for #nailartaug!
I wanted to do Ikat nails in like forever, but never did them. And I was so happy when I saw the theme on the August challenge.  

For this nail art I've used three nail lacquers by Catrice. On the ringfinger 'Nickel Minaj' on my pinky, middle, index and tumb 'Love, Peach&Harmony' and on the ikat pattern I used 'Dirty Liana' 

I've painted my nails on Wednesday evening and because it was to dark to make good pictures I decided to make them Thursday, after I got home from work.. My index had suffered some cracks and breaks but everytime I could fix them with acrylic. And the whole day at work everything was fine, my nails didn't break or anything. And I was really happy about that, my index was pretty weak with all the breaks and the work I do is pretty dangerous for nails like mine ;) 

But, tragedy struck.. The workday was almost over.. I wanted to pick something up and it went wrong.. I pushed my finger too hard into the thing I wanted to pick up and one of the worse breaks, cracked again.. The tip didn't fell off, but I knew that it could happend anytime.. So I put on a band aid to prevent me pushing it off completely and it survived til I got back home.

As you can see in the picture, the crack runs over the entire widht off the nail. 

     
After I was done with taking the pictures, I didn't want to remove the loose nailtip from my index finger, I finally had the lenght I always wanted and in less than a minute at work, I got back to square one.. But ofcourse I couldn't walk around with a half broken nail, so I made the decision to take it off...

 

I've walked around like this until today, I was thinking about starting all over again, file all my nails down and let them grow out again.. But I decided not to, I sculptured my own nail back with acrylic! I'm so happy I did not file my nails down :D

 

And I know it looks kinda weird without any nailpolish on, but I always have nailpolish on my nails.. And when I do, it just looks like nothing happened! Oh and yes, I changed my nail shape to a more oval-ish shape, I like them a lot!

Have fun painting and creating

xoxo

Dutchnailss

Follow on Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment