Jan 1, 2014

2013 Recap

Seven months ago I joined the nail art community. I was watching some videos on Youtube and came across the water marble technique. A few days later I tried this technique for myself. Half a day I was messing around with polishes and a cup of water. But at the end of the day I had the result I was looking for: 

 Click to go to the Instagram page


Happy and satisfied with the result I posted this picture on my personal Instagram. I got a few likes on the picture and after some time someone commented on the picture too. I replied to that person and, nosy as I am, went to check out her account. All I saw were pictures of nails with nail art, I was amazed!

I always loved painting my nails in the brightest colours possible and I already had a decent amount of polishes. But after I came across the water marble tutorial videos the stash of polishes started to grow. And I began to search for more nail art tutorials, I discovered ProfessionalDG, Cutepolish, Robin Moses Nail Art and many others! I wanted to do what those girls could do. There was only one problem: I didn't had the tools to do so and I didn't knew where I could buy them. But that didn't stop me..

I own a old tool box with tools to make 3d postcards. This tool box belonged to my grandmother and was given to me after she passed away. The contents of that tool box consisted of some glitters, paints, glue and other stuff. And also three dottingtool like pencils. My grandmother used these pencils to make 3d postcards, but they were perfect for doing some nail art as well!

And with one of those dottingtools and a tutorial on youtube (sadly can't find the video anymore) I made my fisrt ever nail art:


After this I made my nail art only Instagram account and started my youtube channel. I just loved the way ProfessionalDQ, Cutepolish etc learned me to do nail art, so I wanted to do the same to others. I wanted to share my nail art and show how others could recreate those designs. 

Many nail art tutorials and pictures followed, and I'm not planning on stopping soon ;)






No comments:

Post a Comment