Jan 4, 2014

Blog goals for 2014!

I'm a regular user of Instagram. When I don't post any pictures myself I browse through pictures of other people. Just like I did this evening. The first picture I saw was a list with goals for her blog in 2014.

I got inspired to make my own list of goals I wanted to accomplish this year on my blog. Capitalpolish, the person I saw this original post, had six goals. When I saw her list I was like 'How hard can it be, just think of some goals, and try to reach those goals' Well... thinking of goals was already hard for me! But i've got four goals. 


Goal #1 Find a way to make better pictures
I photograph my nails with my Canon camera. I also have a cheap lightbox to make pictures of the polishes and tools I use. But when I want to make photos of my hand/nails, the lightbox is just to clumsy and I can't get a relaxed and beautiful hand pose.
So when I make photos of my hand/nails, I place my camera on my windowsill and use autofocus. But with this method I find the handpose is nice, but the light is just not right. 

I also want to buy a better lens for the camera, to make more macro shots. 

Goal #2 Start swatching/reviewing Indies
I've always admired people who make their own nail polishes and while I don't own any indie polishes, I think it's time to change that ;) 
If you make Indie polishes and you want me to swatch them, just contact me.

Goal #3 Swatch and show my stash
The first polishes I swatched were the 'Superheroes' polishes of Essence. And I must say, before I swatched these, I never thought I would like swatching polishes this much. I saw a lot of swatches pass on my Instagram feed. But I never saw the point of those. Don't know why. But I find it's a lot of fun to swatch polishes, because they almost always look a bit different on your nails than in the bottle. 

And finally Goal #4 Minimal of two post per week on my blog
The idea for this goal is that no matter what, I will post at least on tutorial and one other blogpost on here every week. Oh lord. I think this one is going to be the toughest of all. But on the other hand, I am going to swatch a lot more ;) So we will see! 

Have fun painting and creating

xoxo

Dutchnailss


No comments:

Post a Comment