Jan 7, 2014

Products I use

Painting your nails isn't just applying nail polish and topcoating it. Especially when you want to do some nail art! And your hands and nails need care too! Nail polish remover with acetone can dry out your hands and nails so it's important you take care of your hands as well!
 
So I thought I'd share the products I use. This will be a two part blogpost. This first part will be about care products etc. and part two will be about the tools I use.

Basecoat

I have two base coats I use the most, both nail hardeners. Because my nails are extremely thin and break extremely fast (I'm not exaggerating!) My nails are so thin that I can easily bend the free edge! :\

The one I use right now is Sally handsens nail Nutrition. I use it before I apply nailpolish. I was always a bit sceptical about nail hardeners, I never believed it worked. But this one really does! I already can feel my nails are stronger!

The 'Essence studio nails ultra strong nail hardener' is also a nice nail hardener. I switch a lot between the two. It's not I like the one better than the other, it's more like which is closer when I want to paint my nails ;)


Top coat

Again. I use two different top coats. Both with a gel look effect. I use the Essence 'gel-look topcoat' the most. The Catrice 'Gel like top coat' doesn't give the shine the essence one does. 












Removers

I own two different kind of nail polish removers (again two different ones!) The first one(left), I use to remove my nail art off my nails. The second one(right) I use to remove excess nailpolish on my skin with a little paintbrush. 













Cuticle cream

I bought this cuticle cream a few weeks ago. And I think many of you know this one: Lush
'Lemony Flutter'. A delicious smelling cream. It's a really good cream if you have dry hands/cuticles like I do. 


It's a rich and nourishing cream which absorbs quickly and leaves a heavenly smell!

I apply a little bit on my cuticle and rub it in. After that I use my hand cream(look below)





Hand cream

Essence 'gel nails at home' is a recommended hand cream if you can't sit still waiting for the cream to absorb.
I can't sit still and do nothing, I can't wait on something while I can't use my hands. So when I bought and tried this handcream, I was super happy! This handcream isn't greasy, absorbs fast and leaves your hands soft!

This Essence hand cream and the Lush Lemony Flutter make a perfect combination!     









These are the products I always use before and after I make nail art! If you think you have a better base coat or something else, let me know! I'm willing to try different products! :D

Have fun painting and creating

xoxo

Dutchnailss 

No comments:

Post a Comment